DHHS Contact Guide

To contact your child’s social worker/caseworker, please call the worker at his/her district office:

Fort Kent834-10001-800-432-7340
South Paris744-12001-888-593-9775

When calling, if you are unable to reach the worker, please leave a specific detailed message and a time when you will be available. Generally, phone contact with the social worker to discuss a case-related issue is preferable to email or text due to confidentiality concerns.

If you are unable to reach your child’s social worker and you have an immediate need (need of signature, respite, change in visit schedule, etc.), dial 0 and ask to speak to the duty worker who will either assist you by providing an answer to your question or who will assist you in locating your social worker.

If you continue to need to reach someone at DHHS and you have not heard back from your social worker within 24 hours, you are encouraged to contact the social worker’s supervisor, as the social worker may be working out of the office and unable to respond to your call in a timeframe which meets your need.

To find a worker’s supervisor, click the link below. When the new page loads you will find the complete organizational chart for OCFS districts. Click on the district you are working with then locate the worker you are trying to contact. Once you find their name you can look above their name to the next box, and you can locate their supervisor’s name.

For the OCFS organizational charts click here or copy and paste this link to your navigational bar: www.main.gov.dhhs/ofcs/about-us

If you are unable to reach a supervisor, you may call the District DHHS Assistant Program Administrator or the District DHHS Program Administrator.

In addition, Adoptive and Foster Families of Maine Inc. & The Kinship Program is available anytime day or night to provide you with listening support, and other forms of support unique to you.

Maine Department of Health and Human Services

Office of Child and Family Services

2 Anthony Avenue, Augusta, ME 04333-0011
Tel.: (207) 624-7900; Fax: (207) 287—5282
TTY Users: Dial 711 (“Maine Relay)

Resource Parent Bill of Rights

Guide for Contacting DHHS Staff  

Office of Child and Family Services Organizational Chart

Maine.gov Foster Parenting Website  

Office of Child and Family Services Policies 

Mandated Reporting information

Click here for DHHS policies for the Office of Child and Family Services

Please call AFFM if you need further any assistance: 207-827-2331  or 1-800-833-9786