AFFM is proud to collaborate with organizations and local communities in order to meet the needs of families. AFFM participates on various committees, advisory groups, and community partnerships to help lift the voice of resource families, identify and create solutions towards helping issues faced by families. Below are just a few of the organizations and partnerships that AFFM has developed over their years of service.
AFFM has Representation on the Following Committees
- Community Caring Collaborative
- Foster Family Treatment Association (FFTA)
- Family First Prevention Service Act Stakeholder Workgroups
- Generations United Grandfamilies Advisory Group
- Maine Alliance of Family Organizations (MAFO)
- Maine Child Welfare Advisory Panel
- Maine Justice for Children Task Force
- Maine Resource Parent Advisory Group.
- Maine Youth Transition Collaborative Advisory Board
- National Foster Parents Association (NFPA)
- North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC)
- PIP, Program Improvement Project committee
- Southern Maine Foster Family Recruitment Team
- The Kinship Support Network
- Recruitment Committees
Are you interested in getting your concerns shared with any of the committees? If so contact the AFFM office. These are just a few of the committees we have representation on, if you are curious about other activities or committees where AFFM represents the Resource Family community please contact us.